ABOUT THE JUNIOR COMMITTEE
The Junior Committee allows students in grades 9th - 12th to become more involved in the Fair Association through participation in the volunteer activities leading up to and during the annual fair. The purpose of the Junior Committee is to provide young adults with an opportunity to develop leadership skills, perform a service for their community, and become aware of the business and operations of the Montgomery County Fair.
Junior Committee member duties will include providing outreach in the communities and schools as well as providing assistance in preparation, setup, and during Fair activities. Activities will be held in the months leading up to and during the Fair.Students must be or become a Fair member, commit to attending membership meetings, and work the required shifts to be eligible for this very special program.
The Leadership Team runs committee meetings, plan and oversee committee activities, and represents the Junior Committee at other Fair committee meetings (example: Gate, Livestock, Exhibitions, Rodeo, Sunshine Day, Kids Day committees).
- Members must meet the eligibility requirements as per the Montgomery County Fair Association General Rules
- Attend the mandatory orientation meeting
- Work four 2-hour shifts during the Fair
- Purchase Vest if you are a New Member
- Become a member of Montgomery County Fair Association ($35 Junior Committee membership)
JUNIOR COMMITTEE REQUIREMENTS
ORIENTATION AND HANDBOOK
Lifetime Members, please download and submit the form.