Calling all Junior Chefs! Join us for our First Annual Kidz Q Contest!
Event Date: 4/2/2022
Event Location: Quality Insulation & Roofing Livestock Barn
Check-In Time: 8:00AM
Head Cook Mandatory Meeting: 9:00AM (Supplies, Pork Chops, & Turn-In Containers will be given)
Fire Up Pits: 9:30AM
Pork Chop Turn-In: 10:30AM
Open Category Turn-In: 11:00AM
RULES & STANDARDS:
- This is a Kids Bar-B-Q Cook-Off. Age Groups 5-10 & 11-18
- Parents should enter via sign-up on www.mcfa.org & Pay $35.00 Entry fee per child.
- There will be 25 entries per age group for a maximum of 50 total entries. The first 25 entries registered per age group will be able to cook.
- Each Child cooking must have adult supervision with them at all times.
- Each entry will receive one child’s and one adults entry onto the Montgomery County Fair Grounds.
- Each Exhibitor will be provided with a Old Smokey Grill, Charcoal, and 2 Pork Loin Chops. The Exhibitor will provide the good time and tasty turn-ins.
- Pork Chop Entry – No pre-seasoning or precooking of the meat is allowed until it has been inspected and approved. Cookers will need to bring their own cooking utensils, i.e.; knives, tongs, spatulas etc. Cookers are allowed, and encouraged, to use their own “special” seasonings and marinades. Sauce and mops may be used during cooking. Sauces must be cooked on, not poured on for presentation. No sauces or garnishes may be added to the judging container.
- Open Entry – This is voluntary and can be anything except a pork chop. You must provide your own meat/product for the open entry. Kids MUST cook the open entry on the same grill used for the provided pork chop. Meat entries must be inspected and approved prior to seasoning or cooking.
- Parents may only start fire and /or cut meat with a knife if necessary.
- It is the responsibility of the Childs Parent to see that the contest area is kept clean, both during and after the contest. This is extremely important for everyone’s Safety. Failure to do so could result in being disqualified from competition.
- There will be a dumpster provided to dispose of trash and separate receptacle for hot coals.
- Montgomery County Fair Association Cutting Board for 1st -3rd Per Division
- Montgomery County Fair Association Trophy for 4th -10th Place Per Division
Entry Registration Closes on March 9th at 5 pm or when all slots have been filled.